About Spotlight Joinery
Over the years we have established the Spotlight Joinery brand as being synonymous with design leadership, quality manufacture and levels of service rarely seen. We choose to use materials which are sustainable and have a low carbon footprint.
The aim and vision of the company is simple: To deliver the best quality joinery on time.
- 2004 – Whilst living in London, long time friends Andrew and Bo setup a small joinery business, Contemporary Creations, to fund their travel debt.
- 2006 – The decision is made to return to sunny South Africa and after a successful run building their reputation as hard-working craftsmen in London, Contemporary Creations is wound up.
- 2007 – Andrew and Bo establish Spotlight Kitchens. Trading begins from a small workshop in Woodstock, Cape Town and their high quality service and product is in high demand
- 2008 – Soon the space becomes too small for the fast growing operations and the team moves to their first factory (80m2) also in Woodstock, Cape Town
- 2009 – Andrew and Bo make the decision to build a small showroom and spray booth and move to a bigger factory (250m2) in Woodstock, Cape Town
- 2011 – In two years the team grows exponentially, adding a solid timber department and distribution fleet and become too big for their space once again. They move to current factory (+-2000m2) in Lansdowne, Cape Town and also establish a new show room.
- 2017 – Trading name changes to ‘Spotlight Joinery’ to clarify to clients that the company has become more than a quality kitchen business
- 2017 – New partner joins Spotlight Joinery. Spotlight Joinery is now strategically aligned with international brands Eurocasa and Valcucine, further strengthening their position as the best joinery business